Friday 5 June 2015

15.56 miles Cycle Route

15.56 miles Cycle Route

Not many people around this morning when I first started out at 6.07am except for a flight or should that be gulp of swallows above my house.  The weather was better than usual with a beautiful burst of sun braking through the clouds above Moel Famau as I road through Rhewl (3.45 miles)
Sun over Moel Famau

Yes you have guessed it back on my familiar route around the Vale of Clwyd but this morning I have borrowed a watch that tells me my miles and times, exciting stuff!!!

I follow my usual route from home through Rhewl and up to Llanbedr.  The thing I notice more than anything this morning is the amount of rabbits that are out this time of the morning.  They are everywhere, in virtually every field I look and on the roads, there is literally a plague of rabbits in our countryside.  They have obviously recovered well from the myxomatosis that devastated the population a few years ago.  (Must make mental note to have rabbit stew)

Heading back from Llanbedr passed the Golden Lion in Llnagynhafal (where they make an excellent home made fish and chips) I then headed towards Llandyrnog.

Golden Lion Llangynhafal 
After dropping back down to Llandyrnog (10.2 miles from start at 59.32 minutes) I decided to take the road to Denbigh rather than the back road straight to Llanrhaeadr, why I have no idea.  This took me passed the St. Marcella's Church (or Llanfarchell in Welsh) which is a beautiful parish church with views looking back towards Moel Famau. (To find out more go to http://medieval-wales.com/site_31_denbigh.php )

St. Marcella's Church - Llanfarchell (Also known locally as Whichchurch or Eglwys Wen)
Once passed the church I took the first left which dropped me down to Brookhouse Mill (Another good restaurant which is worth visiting) then onto the main road back home which took me according to my watch door to door being 15.56 miles and a time of 1 hour 29 minutes.  I could use this watch to show assent and decent, fastest mile on route ect but that's getting a bit geeky.

Straight in the shower, breakfast of bacon and eggs again (no carbs) then off to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment